‘Now You See Me’ Sequel To Begin Production In September

Written by Adele
1 Comment

Lionsgate CEO has confirmed that “Now You See Me” sequel is set to start production in September. No words yet on which original cast members will be returning.

DEADLINE.COM – Shooting on the follow-up to last year’s sleeper hit Now You See Me will take place in the U.S., Europe, and Asia “to capitalize on the property’s international appeal, with most of the original cast returning, and some exciting new additions,” Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer told analysts this morning in a call to discuss the company’s fiscal Q3 earnings.

He added later that execs “absolutely see it as a franchise. We’re going to add some cast to it. We see it as an ongoing situation.” Execs pushed the theme of Lionsgate as an incubator for franchises; Feltheimer says the company has “an ability to assemble and mine the richest and most diverse portfolios of [intellectual property] in the industry.” He considers upcoming films Gods Of Egypt, Chaos Walking, and Mordecai (“a character that Johnny Depp loves,” he says) as “potential franchises — later adding The Last Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel to the list plus “another one we hope to announce shortly.”

Feb 07, 2014

One thought on “‘Now You See Me’ Sequel To Begin Production In September

  1. Mrs KL
    Mrs KL
    / Reply

    “: Dave Franco Fan – ‘Now You See Me’ Sequel To Begin Production In September http://t.co/OKXhzgDjFw”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *