Dave Franco FanThe Most Comprehensive Source for Rising Actor Dave Franco
- Made his TV debut in a 2006 episode of 7th Heaven.
- Was a regular on the short-lived 2008 Fox sitcom Do Not Disturb; subsequently joined the cast of Scrubs for the series’ ninth season.
- Had bit parts in the big-screen hits Superbad (2007) and Milk (2008).
- Collaborated with his brother, James Franco, on the Funny or Die Web series Acting with James Franco.
- Does not want to be known as James Franco’s brother for the rest of his life
- Has two cats, Harry and Arturo
- Graduated from Palo Alto High School in 2003
- Dropped out of USC to try his hand in Hollywood.
- Childhood hero was Roald Dahl
- Tested for Edward Cullen in Twilight
- Likes brunettes, but has only dated blondes
- Wrote poetry in high school, even getting it published
- It took college to get into acting
- Dropped a semester in college to shoot “Bad Meat” in Canada
- Worst experience on a project was “Bad Meat”
- Both Dave and his brother, James Franco, have played famous comic book characters from opposing companies. James played “Harry Osborn”, best friend of Marvel Comics’ “Peter Parker/Spider-man” and son of his arch nemesis, “The Green Goblin”, in Sam Raimi’s film trilogy. Dave voiced “Edward Nygma/The Riddler”, iconic nemesis of DC Comics’ “Batman”, in the series, Young Justice: Legacy (2013).
His father was of half Portuguese and half Swedish descent. His mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Russia, Germany, Poland, and Lithuania).
On his father’s side, he is the grandson of Daniel Franco, Jr. and Marjorie J. Peterson. On his mother’s side, he is the grandson of Daniel Verne (born Daniel S. Verovitz) and Marjorie “Mitzie” Levine. One of Dave’s maternal great-grandfathers, Emanuel “Manuel” V. Levine, was a prominent judge in Cleveland.